I have resisted this day for three years, when I first started blogging about the Washington Nationals and the Washington Capitals. But the day has come, ladies and gentlemen.

This is the inaugural post of The BURGUNDY and GOLD Blog. Like my other two blogs, this one will be dedicated to the constructive criticism of the Washington Redskins.

My love of football, and the Skins, started at the tender age of five in 1972, when I can remember my mom screaming at the tiny little TV as the Skins were being spanked in Super Bowl VII. There are so many memories of expletive-filled Sunday and Mondays that I could not start to count.

But now, I will count. The day following each game I will dissect the preceding, and give analysis and opinion. I will retain the "Good, Bad & Ugly" theme that is recurrent on my other blogs. And I will taunt opposing fans. Cause that's what football is really all about.

So as we venture into the great unknown, this much is certain: I hate the Cowboys. And the Eagles. And the Giants. With every fiber of my moral being.

BURGUNDY AND GOLD, baby.

0 comments